Friday, March 6, 2009

Mistakes Happen

Mistake happen to us all. Mistakes are especially prevalent when when we are new or transitioning to an activity or new process.

Jane Cahill Pfeiffer, a visible business leader in the 1960's and 1970's was quoted as saying "It is not easy, but you have to be willing to make mistakes. And the earlier you make those mistakes, the better.”

The best lesson I have ever learned was that I am human and can make mistakes. Forgiving myself for my less than perfect behavior has released me from any unhealthy and pointless personal upset.

The other important lesson I've learned is to consciously learn from my mistakes and try not to consistently repeat the same one's.

Let us accept that mistakes happen even to the best of us. The key about mistakes is to learn and grow from them. Use them as a catalyst for growth not a stone on the back to carry or throw at someone else.

No comments: