Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Excuses that Keep The Clutter Around

There are some statements that are big signs or signals of clutter lurking about. Have you recently said this about an object?

I just need to fix it
Maybe I will need it someday
It use to work well
If the new one breaks, I will still have a backup
I can wear it for painting or washing the car (two is plenty)


It is time to lighten up, or fix it. Now is the time to get rid of the excuses. Get rid of the clutter that is hampering your life.

So what are you going to do?

2 comments:

transitionyourlife said...

After I wrote and posted this piece, I found this on Unclutterer today - about Justin Case.
http://unclutterer.com/2010/05/11/evicting-justin-case/
This is a very clever way to think about things that you save with the excuse Just In Case.

clairesgarden said...

been uncluttering.....much more to do.....