Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Keep Green and Growing

Many years ago, a mentor of mine gave me a plant and said "Keep Green and Growing". This advice seems to speak to me especially at the start of each September. September, after all, is the month of sharpened pencils, fresh notebooks and the fresh start drive to learn something new.

Make education a part of your life by reading, exploring new ideas and trends. Sharpen your writing skills by evaluating your past written materials. Can you upgrade your writing or be more concise? Evaluation is as much a part of learning as is exploring new things.

In terms of growing and green, this September I began my taking some cuttings off my boxwood hedge, with the hopes of starting a new plant. I will get to see if it takes root and if my green thumb awakens.

No comments: